Routine eye testing is important to your overall health and well being, no matter how old you are or what type of physical shape you are in.
During your eye exam, your eye doctor does a whole lot more than just determine the prescription you need for your glasses or contact lenses. Other eye problems will also be assessed, including eye diseases, how your eyes work together and whether or not there is the presence of a chronic disease (high blood pressure or diabetes.)
Why should you have your eyes examined regularly? Here are some pretty good reasons.
- Your doctor will assess your vision and whether or not you need corrective lenses to correct vision problems.
- Your doctor will check to see if you have color blindness.
- Your doctor will assess the overall health of your eyes, determining whether or not there are signs of bigger health problems, like diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Your doctor will check your eyes for the development of cataracts or glaucoma.
- Your doctor will assess if your eyes work properly together in order to focus on objects.
- Your doctor will check to see if you have focusing issues.